Naval Photographic Center film #4047. National Archives description "1) GV LST bow washed against rock in surf.
2) GV US sailors on rock pull on transfer men from foundering LST.
3) HS Men jump from bridge to rock.
4) SCU German prisoners assisted from LST to rock.
5) GV LST founders against rock, men in life raft, helped to rock.
6) GV Surf breaks against rock, washes men off.
7) MS British Medical corpsmen attend German survivors at bldg."
National Archives Identifier: 76954
As always, any error or typo is mine and if you enjoy my uploads or if you intend to make $ or otherwise profit from these files, please consider making a donation to a veteran's charity of your choice and/or Archive.org itself. Thanks. :)
January 3, 2015
USS LST-349 AGROUND AND SINKING OFF PONZA ITALY
According to the date and description of this video, the LST involved was USS LST-349 which ran aground and sank off Ponza, Italy 26Feb44.